The history of the Pardubice refinery began in Vienna,
where David Fanto sold kerosene. He was successful and therefore decided to set
up his own production. He found a suitable place in Pardubice, where there was
not only water and railways, but also a branched industry.
Construction of the production facility began in 1889 and
the first production started in January 1890. The company gradually expanded
and belonged to important companies not only on the European market. Company
also had its own oil mines and a network of petrol stations. Now PARAMO
develops mainly production of asphalt products, process oils, industrial and
automotive oils MOGUL.